Sunday, July 30, 2017

Artifact Reflection: Artifact #2 Multimedia Project

             Another artifact that I would like to share is my State Project. The purpose of this project was the inclusion of various multimedia elements. I chose to share this artifact because I think it will be a great element to be used in my classroom this year. I am proud of the look of the assignment and the ease of use for students to access on the google site.
                While completing this assignment, one challenged I encountered was becoming familiar with FlipSnack, the digital resource the project is based in. This resource has many great possibilities; however, it was not a user friendly as some of the other resources I have experimented with for this class. It took so trial and error to really understand the resource and be able to use it to create the project I wanted. Although it was challenging to work with, I still think this is one of my favorite artifacts from the class. There are so many possibilities of assignments that can be created with this resource; I did not want to abandon it because there were challenges. I look forward to continuing to explore this tool to better understand and utilize it in the future.
                I think this artifact will be a great addition to my social studies curriculum during the upcoming school year. I think this lesson really works to transform a previous lesson that has become tired as it has not been changed for years. Each student chooses a state that they will research and then provide information about. In the past this information is written in a paper and shared through a 3D project, a “parade float.” However, I think this brochure helps to take this project to another level through the multimedia shared within the context of the brochure. Students are able to add another element to their presentation.

                Overall, I think this artifact helps to show how I am continuing to broaden my use of different technology resources in the classroom. Additionally, I feel that this artifact also shows how I am working to use technology to improve my current curriculum, not incorporating technology for technology’s sake.

5 comments:

  1. Terrific idea to update an existing activity and keep it engaging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing flipsnack. It's something I want to investigate further and I want to use your idea - hope you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a cool idea! I'll have to share it with my wife to check out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love flipsnack for the brochure. I've never used Flipsnack before but we often have brochures as a project choice so I would love to show my students this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you have decided to do with Flipsnack and updating the "tired" version of the 3D state floats.

    ReplyDelete