Monday, July 31, 2017

ED 675C Course Reflection

      Overall, I am excited about the growth and progress I have made throughout this course. My participation in this course has helped me to become a better user of technology and I feel like I am better prepared to incorporate different technology into my classroom and encourage my students to use technology appropriately in the classroom.

     One significant change to my understanding about technology and how I am using technology in my classroom is my understanding about copy right. I am a little embarrassed to admit how little thought I gave to this topic in the past. While searching images to incorporate into a presentation to my students it never crossed my mind that the image I was inserting could actually be something I should not include. Through the class resources I now have a  better understanding of Fair Use Laws and copy right laws. I also feel strongly about how important it will be to teach these rules to my students. In the past, I have always talked about plagiarism in regards to a student's writing, now I can extend this to other media in projects we are completing in class.

    Additionally, this course has really helped to push my boundaries in regards to my use of social media and education. Although I have enjoyed looking at other's blogs and twitter accounts, this is not something I would have participated in without the push from this class. Now that I have a blog and a twitter account, I am very excited to be an active participate in these communities. I feel that I can better understand the value of PLN now that I have a twitter and am connecting with other educators. I am excited to continue to use my twitter account to share more ideas during the school year.

     Finally, I am so excited about the wide range of technology resources I have explored through this class. Because Canvas is the district paid platform, I had never explored Google sites. I am so excited with the class site I was able to create. It was so user friendly and I feel aesthetically pleasing for my students. I really enjoyed creating different projects on my site and I am excited to use them with my students in the upcoming school year. I also enjoyed exploring with Padlet and FlipSnack for some of my assignments. Also, I have loved hearing about other people's assignments. I feel like I have lots of ideas of new projects and am excited to explore the digital resources they shared. I feel that this class has truly helped expand my knowledge and understanding of educational technology and I can't wait to put my new knowledge to work in my classroom this year.

2 comments:

  1. Erin,
    You definitely have pushed your boundaries using technology this class. I can’t wait to see what you try next. I agree with your point about growing in your understanding of copyright and fair use. It’s very important yet it’s an area we tend not to spend as much time thinking about.
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin—
    I agree, that this course has really pushed me to become more active on social media, especially Twitter. I would have not joined Twitter if it wasn’t for the push from this course. I’m hoping to continue using it this year to gain new ideas to use within my classroom.

    ReplyDelete